Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Facebook

Someday, I will post something about our fabulous new house (I'm so humble) and the thrill of feeling like adults again. But right now, I want to share this link with you all. It's about a policy change on Facebook and quite frankly, it is making me think twice about using it. My biggest worry is pictures and info about my children. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

I haven't decided how much I need to be concerned about this. If at all. But I did remove my blog link.
Check out the link and see what you think.

**Disclaimer**I have not checked into this beyond what this persons blog says about it. I'm going off the assumption that she is correct.

7 comments:

Julie said...

i heard that FB is run by the CIA.

Actually, I think that fb is so popular right now, that anything that is big, always has to be guilty of something, right? Look at walmart. the evil empire. only being a little sarcastic here.

i still like fb, but i'm getting a little bored with it. Just waiting for a controversy to stir things up. It works for the media.

StephNyd said...

Hmm, didn't know any of this. I am thinking twice about FB too now.

Mich said...

But I've worked so hard to get friends! JK. I don't care if they want to use my smokin' hot pictures. Let them- if people want a little piece of eye candy, then hey, I won't deny them the privilege.

StephNyd said...

Dude- did you forget you have a blog?

Barb Matijevich said...

So, Facebook changed the rules back to saying they had access to all of our material until we deleted our FB accounts instead of forever, until the end of time. As a professional writer, I won't be re-upping until I see something that doesn't give them unlimited access to my work.

A lot of people think it's no big deal but it seems like it SHOULD be a big deal. Maybe?

StephNyd said...

Okay, you should just delete your blog since you obviously have forgotten that you have one. Come on woman! It's been over two months! Love you! :)

misty said...

So Barb, they've changed the rules back, so once we delete our account, they no longer have access to it, right?
So very confusing!