Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bad Mommy Blogger

Some of you,(Steph) may think I'm a bad blogger for only posting once every 2 months, and you'd probably be right. Especially when you consider all that I haven't blogged about. From my kids school activities to birthdays to holidays, I've seriously failed in my duties as a Mormon Mommy Blogger.

To make up for it, I will make this post EXTRA, EXTRA long. Here's the update:

School is out. The year was great. Ethan had to get used to homework (our last school didn't really "do" homework. It was heaven), and Noah had to get used to getting up and out the door by 7:45 a.m (not so much heaven). And now my 3rd grader will be a 4th grader and my little baby kindergartner will be a 1st grader. *sniff*

Okay, I'm over it now. 2 kids gone for 7 hours a day! WOO WHOO! I can't wait for summer to be over! I mean, I'm so excited for summer to begin, it's just started after all. I'll be so sad for it to end. That's what I meant.

There was definite progress during the year. Just take a look at this. It's a bad picture, but try.



See how his mouth's open? That was him participating. He was singing along with his classmates. Singing. He even did a few of the hand actions.
We've come a long way.

It was Zoo Day in his class and he was a monkey. He made the ears all by himself, minus the wire they were connected to, and was oh so proud of himself. And believe you me, what he lacked in costume, he made up for in spirit.





He really got into it.

These were some of the habitats his class made.





This one below was where Noah the Monkey lived.



I think the kids (with some help of course) did a great job!

Another year end activity was the schools annual 5K Fun Run. Ethan was excited for it, but I think it was a little bit harder than he expected.



My job was to stand on the side lines and yell encouraging words like,
"Step it up Pedersen! You're runnin' like a girl!"
"Come on, let's move it!"
"Your Grandma runs faster than you!"

I don't think he appreciated it.


Dang he's a cute kid.

Noah ran it too. But only when I made him for this picture. The rest of the time him and his friend walked. You might call it lazy. I call it smart.





In other news, Ethan has really enjoyed scouts this year. One of his favorite activities has been the Space Derby. Instead of cars, they made rockets.


The goal was to get it not to the end of the line, but in the middle, I think between 220 and 250.




Ethan got pretty close.
It was hard to film, but I tried.





Did I mention how cute he is?







And this one, well, this one is just busy stealing my heart. (let's hear an ahhh...)





(Did I do it? Is this long enough? Cause I got more. Really, lots, lots more. My life is very interesting. You want me to go on? Cause I can. I will. I'm serious, I could. I mean, don't tempt me. I could go on, and on, and on.....)

3 comments:

StephNyd said...

Oh Misty...don't be so hard on yourself. We all lack in areas of our life and yours just happens to be blogging. The world will forgive you. :)

On another note- LOVED the encouraging words that you gave to Ethan for the 5k run. Nate wants to hire you to do the same for him when he runs his next marathon- you up for it!? (but don't be surprised if you are hit by a gigantic splash of water from behind if you tell Nate that his Grandma runs faster than him.)

Oh yes...one more thing....It's been decided that you and I should go on a vacay together- without the two brunettes we like to call sisters. (Mom said we should be ticked off at them....but in a nice way! HA!)

Jonny and Amber said...

What?! First grade and fourth grade? Where did the time go? I can't believe that Noah is old enough to be in my class. Crazy! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Also, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who only blogs once a month.

Diana and Fam said...

Misty you should just say that You actually HAVE a life! You are just too busy to blog! haha I love the monkeys ears. Kids grow up way too fast!